Fall and its varieties of squashes. Have you ever heard that the color of the fruit and vegetable and their health benefits are linked to the color of the chakras and the organs that are associated to it? Well either you believe in it or not the interesting part is somehow mother nature has some magic. Eating in season has a lot of benefits associated to it...
The easiest recipe on earth :)
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Party of 4
- Roasting Pan
3-4 medium size acorn
1 tsp of curry
1 tsp of curcuma (dried turmeric)
Salt & pepper
Vegetable broth or bone broth (either chicken or beef)
Crème fraîche (optional)
Olive oil or oil of your choice
- Start your oven at 400F
- Clean the acorns and cut them in half and with a spoon discard the seeds.
- With a cooking brush, brush the acorn inside with oil.
- Then sprinkle spice on each and put the in the oven for 40/45 min.
- Once done - use a spoon and carve the acorn down to only leave the skin out.
- Transfer the acorn in a blender add salt and pepper and the broth of your choice.
- The texture of this soup should look really smooth. Once blended, transfer it to a serving pan put in medium/low heat add a spoon or two of crème fraîche and serve hot.
Tip: the soup is even better the day after it has been made.